Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search, news search and industry-specific vertical search engines.
If you have a personal or business website, it is important to make sure your website is visible to the public and SEO help your website rank higher when search engine users search topics that are relevant to your website. According to WINWEB Business Blog, the following 5 SEO tips will help maximize the visibility of your website:
- Before you conduct any SEO activity, you need to choose your search keywords wisely. You can check the popularity of relevant keywords at many websites for free, including Google Insights. A search term with a high popularity and low competitiveness is ideal.
- The domain name of your website should include a search keyword. For example, if you have a designer shoes website, having a url such as designershoes.co.uk would increase visibility. The keyword or words should also be included in the ‘meta tag’ in the coding of the home page.
- Ensure that you have plenty of links coming into your website, from online press releases, partner sites, emails, blogs, social networking sites and more. To maximize the effect of your SEO, they should be high quality and come through to as many different pages on your website as possible, where relevant, not just the home page.
- Add good quality keyword-rich content onto your website, including articles, blog entries and general page content. If you use them too much in the text, the search engines become suspicious and will lower the rank of your page; around 2-8% usage in the website text is thought to be ideal for SEO.
- Use relevant SEO keywords in the navigation of your pages. This means that your main keywords are in prime location on every page of your website, maximising your search engine ranking.
At JHNet Web Development, we value the importance of SEO, because we understand that is the foundation in driving traffic to any website.
JHNet have over the past 10 years been honing our skills and have developed best practice and legitimate coding techniques to make sure the site is developed and created with the best types of elements to ensure your site has the best chance of growing organically. These techniques allow for all our clients to benefit from the site continuing to grow in relevance and importance.
This sets us apart from most SEO only companies that don’t have the technical skill or understanding to take advantage of these elements and therefore don’t offer the level JHNet can.
We offer all forms of SEO services helping you increase search engine traffic and achieve the result you need in order to promote your website on search engines, allowing you to grow your business. We only use the best techniques that are accepted by all search engines, assuring your site will not be penalised or disregarded.